- Editors’ Note – Studying: An Invitation to Early Childhood Educationby Fikile Nxumalo and Veronica Pacini-KetchabawOur conversation with Dr. Walter Kohan emerged from a conference that he had convened alongside colleagues at Center for Philosophies and Childhoods of the Rio de Janeiro State University on the theme of study that Fikile attended. The conversations and facilitated place encounters (what Walter describes in the interview as errant exercises) in the conference … Read more
- College Professors: Actors¹ in Early Childhood Educationby Kathleen Kummen and Barbara PytkaKathleen Kummen (Ph.D, ECE) is the Co-Director of BC Early Childhood Pedagogy Network and the Chair of the School of Education and Childhood Studies at Capilano University . Barbara Pytka (RECE) is a College Professor in the School of Early Childhood Education at Seneca Polytechnic. ¹ The use of the term “actors” was inspired by the … Read more
- Thinking with Wasteby Lindsay SparkesLindsay Sparkes (RECE) is Pedagogist with the Pedagogist Network of Ontario at London Bridge Childcare Services. Across the world there are stories about waste problems, calling humans to take drastic action by recycling, reusing and reducing waste. However, many of these actions don’t solve the problems, they simply create new ones. In early childhood education, … Read more
- Dialogues on Complexifying Care in ECEby Danielle Wittick, Gabrielle Monique Warren, and Lisa JohnstonDanielle Wittick is a Pedagogist with the Pedagogist Network of Ontario at NYAD Community Inc. Gabrielle Monique Warren is a Pedagogist with the Pedagogist Network of Ontario and a doctoral student at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education/University of Toronto. Lisa Johnston is a Pedagogist with the Pedagogist Network of Ontario and a doctoral … Read more
- Thinking with Study in Early Childhoodby Walter KohanDr. Walter Kohan is a Professor at Rio de Janeiro State University. In this conversation, Dr. Walter Kohan speaks with Dr. Veronica Pacini-Ketchabaw and Dr. Fikile Nxumalo on the potentialities as well as the challenges of closely attuning to study as a practice and a concept within and beyond its institutional formations.
Images for Issue 5 were shared by Tatiana Zakharova.